Friday, June 12, 2009

Thing 2

Hi Friends,

I watched the videos by Steven Abram and the Shifted Librarian, read the blog post by John Blyberg, and scanned Tim O'Reilly's article about 2.0. Now let's see what I remember. :)

Stephen Abram's discussion of the impact of 23 Things and how librarians must make learning about 2.0 a priority was motivating - I want to learn all that I can. The historical perspective provided by John Blyberg led me to think about all of the changes technology has brought to libraries in the past 2 decades and how 2.0 may lead to a sea change requiring revisioning our roles and purpose. Tim O'Reilly's lengthy 2005 article, "What Is Web 2.0: Design Patterns and Business Models for the Next Generation of Software" attempts to define 2.0 and describes how it has and will continue to profoundly change how we work and communicate. I've often felt "left behind" and his article helped me understand many technological shifts that have occured in the past decade and what the future may hold. The Shifted Librarian's fast-paced video is genius, illustrating so many innovations and their potential. LOL, the speed with which the myriad of concepts were presented and the highlighting of sentences buried within text reminded me of the movie, "A Beautiful Mind". :)

Happiness to all,

Miss Chrissy

1 comment:

  1. Great reflection on this task. I often feel like I've been left in the dust. But I'm slowly picking up more and more. The sad thing though about web 2.0 is how many of the web 2.0 sites have disappeared. Just get used to and like a tool, and it goes away. So it's an ever changing landscape!

    ReplyDelete